By Neil Fitzgerald
CRYSTAL stories® 2008
Whether you’re a DBA, information warehousing or company intelligence expert,
reporting professional, or developer, this publication has the solutions you would like. via
hands-on examples, you’ll systematically grasp Crystal stories and Xcelsius
2008’s strongest good points for developing, allotting, and providing content material.
One step at a time, long-time Crystal reviews insiders take you from the fundamentals
through complicated content material construction and supply utilizing Xcelsius, Crystal reviews
Server, crystalreports.com, and the offline Crystal studies Viewer.
Every major enhancement brought in Crystal experiences 2008 is roofed, together with its new visualization recommendations and extra powerful internet providers services. The publication concludes by means of displaying how you can use Crystal experiences’ strong .NET and Java SDKs to customise and expand company reporting in nearly limitless ways.
• research hands-on, via step by step examples and exercises—and realize information and tips confirmed in real-world firm environments
• grasp new Crystal reviews 2008 beneficial properties, together with interactive file viewing, Xcelsius dashboarding, Flex, and Flash integration, document dressmaker advancements, file bursting, and extra
• put up professional-quality experiences opposed to nearly any information resource, together with relational and OLAP databases, Universes, SAP, PeopleSoft, JavaBeans, .NET/COM items, XML, and more
• observe complicated visualization ideas utilizing Xcelsius, charts, and maps
• study tools for allotting experiences and integrating content material into different applications
• find out about the newest reporting addition to the company items family—Xcelsius and start growing dynamic and interactive dashboards
NEIL FITZGERALD has spent a number of years operating at company items and with considered one of enterprise gadgets’ greatest prone of customized BI and firm reporting options.
BOB COATES presently works as a revenues advisor for company gadgets, an SAP corporation, the place he has been hired for greater than 11 years.
RYAN GOODMAN is the founding father of Centigon suggestions, Inc., and is still one of many most sensible Xcelsius specialists and evangelists within the world.
MICHAEL VOLOSHKO is a senior presales advisor for the monetary prone workforce at enterprise Objects.
ON THE WEB
Find all this and extra at informit.com/sams:
• Java and .NET pattern reviews and code samples for all examples within the book
• Bonus chapters, counsel, methods, and hyperlinks to nice reporting resources
COVERS: Crystal stories 2008, Crystal reviews Server 2008,
Crystal experiences Viewer, crystalreports.com, Xcelsius 2008
USER point: Beginning—Intermediate
Read or Download Crystal Reports 2008 Official Guide (Business Objects Press) PDF
Similar computer systems analysis & design books
Robert Sedgewick has completely rewritten and considerably multiplied and up to date his well known paintings to supply present and accomplished insurance of significant algorithms and information constructions. Christopher Van Wyk and Sedgewick have constructed new C++ implementations that either convey the equipment in a concise and direct demeanour, and in addition offer programmers with the sensible capability to check them on actual functions.
Dependent Packet type for prime pace web Routers provides the newest advancements in dependent packet category algorithms and architectures. This publication describes 5 equipment which lessen the distance that classifiers occupy inside of TCAMs; TCAM Razor, All-Match Redundancy elimination, Bit Weaving, Sequential Decomposition, and Topological ameliorations.
Formal equipment are mathematically-based innovations, usually supported via reasoning instruments, that may provide a rigorous and potent method to version, layout and examine computers. the aim of this learn is to guage foreign commercial adventure in utilizing formal tools. The instances chosen are consultant of industrial-grade tasks and span quite a few software domain names.
How can we let our corporations to benefit from the frequently major merits of BI and analytics, whereas while minimizing the associated fee and possibility of failure? during this booklet, i'm really not going to aim to be prescriptive; I will not let you know precisely tips on how to construct your BI atmosphere. in its place, i will specialize in a number of middle rules that might assist you navigate the rocky shoals of BI structure and arrive at a vacation spot most suitable to your specific association.
Additional resources for Crystal Reports 2008 Official Guide (Business Objects Press)
Crystal Reports 2008 Official Guide (Business Objects Press) by Neil Fitzgerald