By Daniel J. Rigden
This publication is set protein structural bioinformatics and the way it will probably aid comprehend and are expecting protein functionality. It covers structure-based equipment which could assign and clarify protein functionality according to total folds, features of protein surfaces, prevalence of small 3D motifs, protein-protein interactions and on dynamic houses. Such tools aid extract greatest worth from new experimental buildings, yet can frequently be utilized to protein versions. The ebook additionally, consequently, offers accomplished insurance of tools for predicting or inferring protein constitution, overlaying all structural periods from globular proteins and their membrane-resident opposite numbers to amyloid buildings and intrinsically disordered proteins.
The ebook is divided into large sections, the 1st overlaying easy methods to generate or infer protein constitution, the second one facing structure-based functionality annotation. each one bankruptcy is written through international specialists within the box. the 1st part covers tools starting from conventional homology modelling and fold reputation to fragment-based ab initio tools, and encompasses a bankruptcy, new for the second one version, on constitution prediction utilizing evolutionary covariance. Membrane proteins and intrinsically disordered proteins are each one assigned chapters, whereas new chapters care for amyloid buildings and skill to foretell modes of protein-protein interplay. the second one part comprises chapters protecting useful range inside of protein folds and capability to assign functionality according to floor houses and habitual motifs. additional chapters hide the major roles of protein dynamics in protein functionality and use of automatic servers for functionality inference. The e-book concludes with chapters masking case reviews of constitution prediction, dependent respectively on crystal buildings and protein versions, supplying a number of examples of real-world utilization of the tools pointed out previously.
This publication is concentrated at postgraduate scholars and educational researchers. it truly is most glaringly of curiosity to protein bioinformaticians and structural biologists, yet must also function a advisor to biologists extra generally through highlighting the insights that structural bioinformatics provides into proteins in their interest.
By Gondy Leroy
By Wei Wu,Hani Choudhry
By Armin Baur
Dieses Buch bietet dem Leser die Möglichkeit, sich nach eigenem Interesse und nach Studienrichtung (Lehramt für Primarstufe, Sekundarstufe I, Sekundarstufe II) mit differenzierten Inhalten, Anregungen und Hilfestellungen, die individuelles Lernen ermöglichen, in die Humanbiologie einzuarbeiten. Hierzu sind die Themen der Humanbiologie, welche später für die Schule correct sind, kurz und knapp dargestellt. Das Buch enthält Aufgaben und Abbildungen zum Beschriften (jeweils mit Lösungen). Über die Verlagsinternetseite werden Zusatzübungen, Filme und Anleitungen zum Bau von Modellen zur Verdeutlichung von Inhalten bereitgestellt.
Aus dem Inhalt:
- Zelle und Gewebe
- Herz, Kreislauf, Blut und Lymphe
- Sinnesorgane (Auge, Ohr, Haut)
- Ernährung und Verdauung
- Fortpflanzung und Entwicklung
Das Buch wurde für Lehramtsstudierende Biologie geschrieben, eignet sich aber auch für andere Biologiestudierende und Leser, die einen Einblick in das Thema bekommen möchten.
Über den Autor
Dr. Armin Baur lehrt momentan Humanbiologie an der PH Schwäbisch Gmünd. Bei der Erstellung des Buches hat er seine früheren Erfahrungen aus dem Studium, aus seiner Tätigkeit als Lehrer und Ausbildungslehrer und aus seiner derzeitigen Lehrtätigkeit an der Hochschule einfließen lassen.
By Edith Applegate
Who stated studying A&P cannot be enjoyable? The Anatomy and body structure studying procedure, 4th Edition makes it effortless to profit general constitution and serve as of the physique, and summarizes the typical issues present in each one physique process. Written through famous educator Edith Applegate, this publication combines transparent, crisp writing with hundreds and hundreds of bright illustrations. This variation incorporates a superior emphasis on clinical vocabulary, so that you comprehend key phrases prior to you study anatomy. a wide range of attractive positive aspects simplifies body structure thoughts, and an Evolve web site helps the e-book with a wealth of latest studying possibilities. whether you've gotten very little heritage in technology, you'll examine the A&P you want to input your career!
- A transparent and concise writing style makes the publication effortless to learn and comprehend, no matter if you've gotten a restricted heritage in science.
- Quick Check questions allow you to fee your comprehension at a variety of issues inside of a chapter.
- Chapter quizzes provide keep in mind, idea, and alertness inquiries to money your realizing of A&P concepts.
- An Evolve website contains on-line tutoring, a Body Spectrum coloring ebook, Anatomy & body structure Pioneers bins with short biographies of trailblazers in technological know-how and medication, 3-D animations, an audio word list, Spanish pronunciations of key phrases, and regularly requested questions.
- Outlines and objectives at first of every bankruptcy assist you prioritize your study.
- Key terms are highlighted that can assist you learn, pronounce, and spell vital scientific words.
- A glossary presents definitions and a pronunciation consultant for key terms.
- Functional Relationships pages illustrate the relationship among each one person procedure and the opposite physique platforms, exhibiting how all platforms paintings together.
- Representative Disorders describe the typical overall healthiness concerns linked to each one physique system.
- Focus on Aging boxes describe the results of getting older on physique systems.
- Quick Applications boxes attach the cloth to real-world scenarios.
- From the Pharmacy boxes describe universal medicines for every physique approach and comprise a quick description of the drug and its motion, universal makes use of, and abbreviations.
- 100 new top quality illustrations assist you visualize anatomical positive factors and physiological processes.
- Chapter summaries and vocabulary quizzes were extra to the tip of every chapter.
- New Building Your scientific Vocabulary section covers the heritage of clinical phrases, providing you with the construction blocks to take advantage of and realize new terms.
By Lynette A. Jones,Susan J. Lederman
The booklet starts with a ancient review of analysis at the hand and a dialogue of the hand's evolutionary improvement when it comes to anatomical constitution. the next chapters evaluate the examine in all the 4 different types alongside the continuum, overlaying themes equivalent to the in depth spatial, temporal, and thermal sensitivity of the hand, the position of hand hobbies in spotting universal gadgets, the keep an eye on of attaining and greedy pursuits, and the association of keyboard talents. Jones and Lederman additionally research how sensory and motor functionality develops within the hand from beginning to previous age, and the way the character of the tip effector (e.g., a unmarried finger or the total hand) that's used to have interaction with the surroundings impacts the categories of data received and the initiatives played. The publication closes with an evaluate of ways easy examine at the hand has contributed to an array of extra utilized domain names, together with conversation platforms for the blind, haptic interfaces utilized in teleoperation and virtual-environment functions, exams used to evaluate hand impairments, and haptic exploration in paintings. Human Hand Function should be a necessary source for pupil researchers in neuroscience, cognitive psychology, engineering, human-technology interplay, and physiology.
By Giuseppe Prota
By Josef Tomasits,Paul Haber
By David S. Smith,Michael Locke
The publication starts off by way of in short tracing the ancient improvement of stories on muscle tissue. Pioneering stories confirmed that whereas many cells express the valuables of contractility to a constrained measure, muscle cells, no matter if striated or unstriated, are most glaringly tailored to their functionality by way of hypertrophy of the fibrillar fabric instead of through acquisition of a different set of cytoplasmic elements.
Separate chapters conceal issues akin to the striated muscle; the association of myofibrils in striated muscle; the sarcomere and the molecular occasions of contraction; cytochemical demonstration of myofibrillar ATPase; and edition within the actin. next chapters take care of the capabilities of the mitochondria, nucleus, neuromuscular junction, plasma membrane, transverse tubular process, and sarcoplasmic reticulum. additionally mentioned are the cardiac muscle, tender muscle, and muscle insertions.
By Michel Gautherie